B.Tech (Civil Engg), M.Tech (Geotech Engg), MIGS
Mr. Gopala Krishna completed his M.Tech in Geotechnical Engineering from IIT Kharagpur and has more than 10 years of experience in Geotechnical and Civil Design, Tendering, Risk Analysis, Monitoring and Execution of different Foundation works, slope stabilization works, Geotechnical Investigation works, Reinforced Soil Structures works, Gabion Walls works, Raw Water Reservoir works, Temporary retaining structures such as cofferdams & sheet piling works, Flood Protection & River Training Works, Rock fall Netting Systems, Flexible & Rigid Pavements and Ground Improvement works for Roads, Rail, Industrial, Residential, Commercial, Oil and Gas Projects in India and other countries.
Dr. M.R. Madhav
Ph.D., D.Sc., FNAE
- D.Sc., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - Modelling and Analysis in Geotechnical/Ground Engineering, 1999.
- Ph.D., Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - Consolidation of Clays, 1967.
- M.E. with Distinction, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore - Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engrg., 1962.
- B.E. I class Honours, Andhra University, Visakhapatnam - Civil Engineering, 1960.
- CONSULTANT, STRATA GEOSYSTEMS INDIA, MARCH 2012 TO DATE.
- VISITING PROFESSOR, IIT, HYDERABAD, JULY 2010 to date
- PROFESSOR EMERITUS, College of Engineering, J.N.T. University, Hyderabad, Oct. 2003 to date.
- MEMBER, RC, CRRI, NEW DELHI, 2010 - DATE
- DIRECTOR, PLANCK INFRATECH, HYDERABAD, 2011 DEC. -
- CONSULTANT, HALCROW, 2011OCT. - DATE
- ADVISOR/CONSULTANT, ENERGY INFRATECH PVT. LTD., AUG. 2008 -
- ADVISOR/CONSULTANT, NMSEZ, 2006 Oct. - 2008
- VISITING PROFESSOR, Queens Univ., Belfast, May-June 2005 & Oct. 2006.
- ADVISOR/CONSULTANT, Central Road Research Inst., New Delhi, Oct. 2003 to 2005.
- PROFESSOR OF CIVIL ENGINEERING - Indian Institute of Technology,Kanpur, Nov. 1978 to June 2003.
- VISITING SCIENTIST, Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 2000 May - July.
- GUEST PROFESSOR- Inst. of Lowland Tech., Saga University, Saga, Japan, 1997 Sept. - Dec.
- VISITING PROFESSOR - Laboratorium voor Groundmechanica, University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium, 1995 May - July.
- PROFESSOR OF CIVIL ENGINEERING - Inst. of Lowland Tech., Saga University, Saga, Japan, 1992 & 1993.
- VISITING PROFESSOR - Laboratorium voor Groundmechanica, University of Ghent, Ghent, Belgium, 1991 May - July.
- ASSOCIATE - International Center for Theoretical Physics, Trieste, Italy, 1990 Jan.
- ADJUNCT PROFESSOR - Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 1988-93.- joint appointment with I.I.T., Kanpur.
- VISITING SCIENTIST - Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 1988 May -July.
- VISITING PROFESSOR -Concordia University, Montreal, Canada, 1985-87.
- CONSULTANT - M/S Dubon Project Engrg. Co., Mumbai, 1983 May-July.
- VISITING SCIENTIST - University of Sydney, 1975 July-Oct.
- POST DOCTORAL FELLOW - University of Sydney, Sydney, 1970-1971.
- ASSISTANT PROFESSOR - I.I.T., Kanpur, 1969-1978 &
- LECTURER - I. I. T., Kanpur, 1967-1969.
- SCIENTIFIC OFFICER - Indian Institute of Science, BANGALORE 1965-1967.
- BURMAH SHELL FELLOW & SENIOR RESEARCH FELLOW, CSIR - Indian Institute of Science, BANGALORE 1962-1965.
- Vishwakarma Award for Academic Excellence, CIDC, March 2013.
- IGS-BN Gupta Prize for Best Paper on Shallow Foundations, Dec. 2010.
- Gopal Ranjan Research Award, IIT, Roorkee, Nov. 2010.
- President, International Association of Lowland Technology, 2010 - 2014.
- IGS - Ferroco Terzaghi Oration, Oct. 2010.
- Dildar Hussain Memorial Lecture, IE (I), AP Centre, Annual General Meeting, Oct. 26, 2010
- Certificate of Excellence, Rotary Club of Hyderabad Central, Nov. 2009.
- Bharat Ratna Mokshagundam Visweswaraya Award, A.P. Govt. & IE(I), AP State Center, Hyderabad, Sept. 2009
- Diamond Jubilee Award (Honour), IGS, Dec. 2008.
- IGS – Dr B B Rai- S N Gupta Biennial Award, 2008 for Best Paper on Earth and Earth Retaining Structures, 2008.
- Excellent Contribution Award in Research, Academic Activities & Professional Services, Int. Association of Numerical Methods in Geomechanics, 2008.
- IIT, Kanpur – Distinguished Teacher Award, 2007.
- Resource Person, UGC – National Conference of Vice Chancellors, Oct. 2007.
- IGS-Smt Indira Joshi Prize for the Best Paper published in International/National Conferences during 2004-2005, Dec. 2006.
- Vice President for Asia, International Society for Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering, 2005 – 2009.
- Chairman, Publications Committee & Member, Finance Committee, Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2005 & 2006.
- Editor & Council Member, Indian National Academy of Engineering, 2001-2002; 2003-2004.
- Honorary Fellow, Indian Geotechnical Society, 2003.
- President, Indian Geotechnical Society, 2001-2002.
- CBIP - Jawaharlal Nehru Birth Centenary Research Award, 2000.
- Best Paper Prize, Institution of Engineers (India), Uttar Pradesh State Centre, 1999, with K.V.S. Krishna Prasad.
- Doctor of Science, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, 1999.
- IGS - Kueckelmann Award, 1998.
- I.G.S. Annual Lecture, 1997.
- Prof. S. R. Mehra National Research Award for 1996.
- Fellow, National Academy of Engineering, 1995.
- Best Paper Award, Institution of Engineers (India), U.P. State Center, Lucknow, with D. D. Nagpure, 1995.
- Distinction in Engineering Technology, C.B.I.P., July 1989.
- IGS- Dinesh Mohan Biennial Prize with K. Kurma Rao, 1985.
- Distinction in Engineering Technology- Certificate of Merit by C.B.I.P. with R. J. Srinivasan and B. V. Ranganatham, 1969.
Prof. M.R.Madhav has been actively practicing his subject through several consultancy projects. They are too numerous to list. His services have been requisitioned by World Bank and seconded to Coal India (1999-2003) for stabilization and greening of overburden dumps of Central, Mahanadi, Northern, Southeastern and Western Coal Fields (about 125 projects), CRRI, New Delhi (2003-2005) for several of their consultancies (Port connectivity, Kol dam, Embankment in Rann of Kuchch, Himalayan Expressway, etc.), Navi Mumbai SEZ, Mumbai (2006-2008) for ground improvement works for their project at Dronagiri, Energy Infratech (2008 to present) for Bhavanapadu Thermal Project on Soft Marine clay, K V K Energy for their SV Power Project, Chattisgarh, IVRCL for Chitrapuri, Navayuga for their SEZ at Hyderabad, etc. In addition his innovative use of gabions to stabilize the coast and protect Gandhar Fields of ONGC and the 24 m and 40 m (the highest wall in Asia) high reinforced earth walls at Vijayawada are unique and noteworthy.